Sync giving "Unknown error"

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.
lihatt

Sync giving "Unknown error"

Unread post by lihatt » 2015-05-14, 18:28

This morning (ca. 11 AM Pacific time zone) I am getting "Unknown error" in a banner across the bottom of the window when Sync attempts to sync. I've been getting it for about 30 minutes now. (Which makes it a pain to do anything in the bookmarks window as it basically hangs while the Sync status icon spins for quite a few seconds as it attempts to do whatever it's doing.) The server status page claims the server is up and running. It was working normally at least as of about 9 hours ago (time in between was sleep time for me so I don't know exactly when it started). Anyone else seeing this?

In the meantime, is there a way to pause Sync functionality so it doesn't keep trying and failing? (I feel like there used to be an option for this in Firefox, though I could be misremembering, or perhaps I am insufficiently caffeinated and just not spotting it if it does exist.)

x-15a2

Re: Sync giving "Unknown error"

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-05-14, 19:36

Same thing here, though sync server reports: The Pale Moon Sync server is running and should be fully functional.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-05-14, 19:48

kfonda

Unread post by kfonda » 2015-05-14, 20:01

Having the same issue here.

This is the error:
2015-05-14_155518.png
and this is what I get when I click on server status:
2015-05-14_155653.png

lihatt

Unread post by lihatt » 2015-05-14, 20:02

Yes, as others above also said, the status page claims it's running normally, but still getting this error.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-05-14, 20:33

lihatt wrote:Yes, as others above also said, the status page claims it's running normally, but still getting this error.
That isn't what it says for me.. I have also spoken to Moonchild. It is currently down but should be back up soon.

lihatt

Unread post by lihatt » 2015-05-14, 20:58

Now I see "Server incorrectly configured." I assume something is in the process of being fiddled with on the back end :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-05-14, 21:16

The status page should not claim the server is running normal. In fact, I just brought it back online from full down state but it's still under very heavy load. expect some more errors.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-05-15, 14:18

Moonchild wrote:The status page should not claim the server is running normal ...
I can confirm that the page indicated that all was well. Could this be some sort of caching issue?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-05-15, 18:47

It's back to normal now so.. yeah that would be right.
I don't know if it would be caching, because the server does not cache that page (for obvious reasons)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite