[Solved] Back Up Tool Question

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.
twistedvincent

[Solved] Back Up Tool Question

Unread post by twistedvincent » 2015-05-02, 18:59

I previously ran the backup tool from wherever without issue and restored previous backups to new installations. I just had to to a complete windows reinstall and attempted to restore a Pale Moon backup but the tool says "backup path not found" and it shuts down. I have not altered the installation path as it is still in program files. I checked the forum thread but it didn't address my issue. Can someone help?

Thanks....

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Back Up Tool Question

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-05-03, 08:38

Please make sure you select the proper path where the backups are stored (using the little folder icon) - this should display a list of previously-made backups in the list. Also, make sure you first select a backup in the list before clicking restore, otherwise the tool doesn't know what to restore ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

twistedvincent

Re: Back Up Tool Question

Unread post by twistedvincent » 2015-05-03, 10:25

I solved the problem. I hadn't run pale moon at least once to establish a profile folder....duh.