[Solved] Back Up Tool Question

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.

Moderator: satrow

twistedvincent
Fanatic
Fanatic

[Solved] Back Up Tool Question

Unread postby twistedvincent » Sat, 02 May 2015, 18:59

I previously ran the backup tool from wherever without issue and restored previous backups to new installations. I just had to to a complete windows reinstall and attempted to restore a Pale Moon backup but the tool says "backup path not found" and it shuts down. I have not altered the installation path as it is still in program files. I checked the forum thread but it didn't address my issue. Can someone help?

Thanks....

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Back Up Tool Question

Unread postby Moonchild » Sun, 03 May 2015, 08:38

Please make sure you select the proper path where the backups are stored (using the little folder icon) - this should display a list of previously-made backups in the list. Also, make sure you first select a backup in the list before clicking restore, otherwise the tool doesn't know what to restore ;)
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

twistedvincent
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Back Up Tool Question

Unread postby twistedvincent » Sun, 03 May 2015, 10:25

I solved the problem. I hadn't run pale moon at least once to establish a profile folder....duh.

Return to “Other/future projects”