XMPP MUC issue

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.
Emberleaf

XMPP MUC issue

Unread post by Emberleaf » 2014-05-28, 01:54

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am really enjoying the Palemoon xmpp chat service. However, I am experiencing much difficulty getting conferences to work properly. I am able to create a room, but it will not let anyone else enter that room. In Trillian, it says that 'room does not exist' and in Pidgin it says 'recipient unavailable - yet I'm in there chatting away to myself. What am I doing wrong? Any help anyone could give me would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Emberleaf

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: XMPP MUC issue

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-28, 08:31

Seems something fell over, I restarted the server - see if that works any better?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Emberleaf

Unread post by Emberleaf » 2014-05-29, 18:49

No, nothing is changed. When my friebd tries to invite me to the room, I get an authorization error. The server is conference.palemoon.net right?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-29, 19:10

Yes, MUC is conference.palemoon.net
Invitations should work just fine... please join the jabber@conference.palemoon.net room so we can try to solve this in real time.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite