XMPP MUC issue

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.
Emberleaf

XMPP MUC issue

Post by Emberleaf » 2014-05-28, 01:54

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am really enjoying the Palemoon xmpp chat service. However, I am experiencing much difficulty getting conferences to work properly. I am able to create a room, but it will not let anyone else enter that room. In Trillian, it says that 'room does not exist' and in Pidgin it says 'recipient unavailable - yet I'm in there chatting away to myself. What am I doing wrong? Any help anyone could give me would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Emberleaf

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: XMPP MUC issue

Post by Moonchild » 2014-05-28, 08:31

Seems something fell over, I restarted the server - see if that works any better?
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

Emberleaf

Post by Emberleaf » 2014-05-29, 18:49

No, nothing is changed. When my friebd tries to invite me to the room, I get an authorization error. The server is conference.palemoon.net right?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2014-05-29, 19:10

Yes, MUC is conference.palemoon.net
Invitations should work just fine... please join the jabber@conference.palemoon.net room so we can try to solve this in real time.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose