PM Profile Back Up Tool not working

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.
jimobasa1955

PM Profile Back Up Tool not working

Unread post by jimobasa1955 » 2014-05-01, 05:11

It is the Restore button not working. Clicking it does nothing. I have used the program previously many times but this time, I cannot get my previously backed up PM profile restored

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PM Profile Back Up Tool not working

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-01, 10:23

Please make sure you first select the backup to restore in the list (click it), then click restore.
I'll make sure to add a warning box to that effect in the next version if you omit selecting a backup first :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

jimobasa1955

Unread post by jimobasa1955 » 2014-05-01, 19:48

Which list? Beside the two buttons - Back Up and Restore - there is a large box that would contain a list if I was backing up but I am trying to Restore a back up from my old computer to my new computer. Before closing down my old computer, I copied the Back Up to the Documents folder on my new computer. Now I have installed the PM Back Up program on my new computer, the Restore button does nothing. I had expected it to ask me where I wanted to Restore the profile from, but clicking the Restore button does absolutely nothing

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-01, 22:50

You have to point the tool to where the backups are stored before trying to restore something. The tool needs to know where the backups are before it can restore them.

Click the button "set backup path" to configure where the backups are stored (By default this is "My Documents\PM Backup" or "Documents\PM Backup", but it can be any folder of your choice). After you have pointed it to the correct folder, the existing/copied backups will show up in the list. Then select the one to restore, and click "restore".
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite