Profile backup tool

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.
allenwrench

Profile backup tool

Unread post by allenwrench » 2021-01-31, 02:50

Hi, Is the backup tool still compatible with firefox forks like LibreWolf, Firefox, because I need a way to backup my passwords, and stuff to the cloud but I love firefox forked browsers but there's no automated way unlike sync which isn't meant to be a backup tool

jacobliu1234
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: Profile backup tool

Unread post by jacobliu1234 » 2021-01-31, 06:52

The backup tool is not compatible with Firefox the times have changed at one point it probably was compatible but just like many many many many more things limited resources has catched up to us and we cannot afford to spend a lot of time doing a lot of things I an attempt to catch up to the FANGs of the tech companies oh some time ago I think it was a few years I installed pale moon on my old computer and I got the backup to work but those days are long since last I guess it would still be possible because I remember chrome was able to import Firefox or was it Firefox importing chrome no matter what does matter is that it was once possible but due to the progress of time and the actions of tech companies it no longer is. Quote saf if I say so myself

allenwrench

Unread post by allenwrench » 2021-01-31, 10:54

thanks you can go ahead and close/lock this topic thread now please

JohnnyJob

Unread post by JohnnyJob » 2021-05-05, 15:52

I have a problem. This backup tool doesnt work in my FireFox. Who can help?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-05-05, 16:19

It was never compatible with anything but Pale Moon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite