Just got Mypal, is it the same thing as Pale Moon?

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.
vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Just got Mypal, is it the same thing as Pale Moon?

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-01-09, 01:04

You could also switch to ReactOS. I heard they are going to release a new version soon :roll:

DayTripper
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by DayTripper » 2021-01-09, 02:07

Moonchild wrote:
2021-01-09, 00:54
You know that virtualization exists, right?
Sure, but in my case I need the old printer port to run the license dongle and cutter.
DayTripper wrote:
2021-01-08, 23:57
if you have that many vulnerable workstations, consider how much MORE it would cost if you get that network compromised by black hatters.
Why assume that they are vulnerable? Especially within in a closed network or locked down by network admin. Even the wife who always drives the latest model and buys new still prefers XP because she cannot find anything on Windows 10, and not being very computer savvy, has managed to avoid infection and hacks.

Btw that figure of 5% are scattered globally and I assume sitting at home.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-01-09, 02:58

Right, well if you need a browser for it then you're clearly not on an isolated network.

But whatever your reasons for running XP, the main point of this thread is answered with a simple "no, it isn't", and the rest is just advice which you are clearly uninclined to listen to, so I'll call this topic done at this point.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite