Pale Moon Commander

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon Commander

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-07-08, 08:26

Pale Moon Commander has been updated to 1.7.1, which adds the Russian locale.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

SmileyFaze
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by SmileyFaze » 2015-08-04, 07:17

G'Day,

Thanks for Commander!!! Image

Is there a way to export & import all Commander settings from one profile to a new profile?

If there is.....How to?

If not, until it becomes part of the Add-On, is there a manual work around outside of a tedious manual, section by section, tab by tab copy/duplication?

Thanks..... Image

SmileyFaze
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by SmileyFaze » 2015-08-17, 00:44

++ NO RESPONSE ++

Is this not the place to ask a simple question like this?

Thank you Image

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2015-08-17, 05:18

Since Pale Moon Commander is just a nicer GUI for certain prefs in about:config (I think?), all settings you have changed with PMC should be saved in the file "prefs.js" in your profile folder. If you copy that file to your new profile, your PMC settings should be applied to that new profile. However, this will also copy many other settings (and, possibly, any problems you had with your old profile) over to your new profile, so you should make sure to backup your profile folder before toying with the files.

Eleventy_Threeve

Unread post by Eleventy_Threeve » 2015-08-17, 05:25

I am participating in a bunch of beta testing and when we copied some profiles all the settings transferred perfectly. When you copy profiles you basically are cloning them.

jumba

Unread post by jumba » 2015-08-17, 06:05

Copying the pref.js file to another profile will clone all preferences. Meaning that the preferences in the existing profile are overwritten. This is not recommended to do, when you want to just copy a couple of preferences.

Eleventy_Threeve

Unread post by Eleventy_Threeve » 2015-08-17, 06:07

jumba wrote: This is not recommended to do, when you want to just copy a couple of preferences.
Yeah, it probably depends on what your goals are. Maybe it would be a good idea to create more than one profile and then that would leave room for a new and an old one just in case.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-17, 07:24

There is no automated way to export or copy *just* the PMC preferences. That was never part of the extension's design.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Tharn

Unread post by Tharn » 2015-08-17, 10:21

Speaking of PMC preferences.. I looked at my about:config and saw some ciphers were 'user set' to false. Did PMC do this, did the latest update do it or did I? I'm just trying to reset the ciphers to 25.6 safe defaults. I.e. do browser updates change these by doing 'user set' or do they switch the default setting to a different one?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-17, 12:59

Browser updates only change the defaults, IF they change. If they are user set, then you have done this yourself or an extension has done this. PMC, however, does not change these settings by itself. PMC is just an interface to these settings and will not make decisions for you.

Freezing Moon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Freezing Moon » 2015-08-27, 10:54

Is this correct ?

Pale Moon Commander 1.7.2

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Brow ... nder.shtml

Version on PM Add-ons site is still 1.7.1

https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... commander/

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-08-27, 11:43

Freezing Moon wrote:Is this correct ?
Yep, they are different, but just a localization change in 1.7.2, per viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9175&p=62411&hilit ... 7.2#p62411
Not sure why the download page hasn't been updated, I suspect due to workload getting 25.5.7 and 26.x βetas out the door.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-27, 12:30

When in doubt, check the Pale Moon website.
1.7.2 is correct.

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-08-27, 13:05

Moonchild wrote:When in doubt, check the Pale Moon website.
I did, but https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... commander/ still has 1.7.1 : https://addons.palemoon.org/phoebus/dat ... -1.7.1.xpi and it's still labelled as 1.7.1 in the text.

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-08-27, 18:25

I must be missing something obvious.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-27, 20:50

Check the Pale Moon website.

Pale Moon website = http://www.palemoon.org/commander.shtml
That is not the Pale Moon add-ons site.

Also, Tobin, I messaged you about the PMC update, care to update it, please?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-08-28, 02:12

That's odd.. I can't find a message anywhere.. In any event it has been updated.. Automatic updates will pick it up :)

Joel Cairo

Unread post by Joel Cairo » 2015-11-10, 14:07

So, 1.7.3. Three Four out of four five ain't bad!

(I missed one too!)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-11-10, 19:32

Pale Moon Commander has (indeed) been updated to 1.7.3 to re-word the HTTP refer(r)er options section; no other changes.

tmtisfree
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by tmtisfree » 2016-01-12, 11:33

Moonchild wrote:Pale Moon Commander has (indeed) been updated to 1.7.3 to re-word the HTTP refer(r)er options section; no other changes.
Hello,

I have translated Pale Moon Commander 1.7.3 in French (updated from my previous 1.7.2 version), see attachment.

Cheers,
TMTisFree
Attachments
pmcommander-1.7.3.xpi
Pale Moon Commander 1.7.3 in French
(109.03 KiB) Downloaded 60 times