Pale Moon Commander

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon Commander

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-10-25, 15:26

Updated the version to 1.3, with the following changes:
  • Added javascript "master switch" since people seem to want it.
  • Added SSL-3 encryption cipher selection
  • Fixed bug in UI->General where options were incorrectly linked
  • Reworded a few options for clarity
To-do: update the manual!

Direct downloads of the files:
Add-on XPI version 1.3: http://ge.tt/api/1/files/7C0AjLa/9/blob?download
Manual for version 1.3: Not complete yet
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-11-09, 11:31

Updated the version to 1.3.2, with the following changes:
  • Added a number of JavaScript permission options under Security
  • Fixed an error in WebGL MSAA level (was not working)
  • Reworded a few things for clarity
  • Added RSS/Web Feed indicator selection
Download link for the 1.3.2 XPI: http://ge.tt/api/1/files/7C0AjLa/01/blob?download
Download link for the updated documentation for 1.3.2: http://ge.tt/api/1/files/7C0AjLa/11/blob?download
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Faziri

Unread post by Faziri » 2013-11-21, 13:18

Hiya

When used with the NASA Night Launch theme, the text in the dialog looks like this:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Faziri/I ... nshot8.png

Is this a problem with Commander (since no other add-on has this problem) or a theme problem?

Note: my Windows color scheme is custom so the text may be taking a text color from somewhere, though I don't have grey text set anywhere.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-11-21, 13:28

The add-on doesn't use anything but standard colors for the preferences window, so it's likely an issue with the theme.

jumba

Unread post by jumba » 2014-01-30, 19:48

After testing the PM build for linux I noticed that Pale Moon Commander is not supported on this platform. Is there any hope for supporting it now that we have a PM for linux! :)

Does it contain many windows only options? I would like to try it out.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-01-30, 20:01

It's not supported on Linux because of a large number of Windows-specific graphics/rendering options. pretty much the entire "graphics" section is N/A and would need Linux equivalent tweaks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-03-06, 16:11

Updated the version to 1.3.5, clarifying a few texts and adding the Dutch (NL) locale!
I really need to sit down and update the manual as well when I get a few free moments (it's lagging behind a little at 1.3.2)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-03-07, 23:45

Updated the version to 1.3.6, adding the Swedish (sv-SE) locale!

yfdyh000

Unread post by yfdyh000 » 2014-08-05, 03:37

I found this extension and translation to Simplified Chinese (zh-CN) on BabelZilla today, great extension.

Some feedback as follows:
1. a typo, "Force antialising on" of pmcommander.graphics.3d.webgl.msaa.force.label, "antialising" to "antialiasing". I suggest to "anti-aliasing" (includes other items).
2. a typo, "Jump Lists (Window 7 or later)" of pmcommander.ui.tabs.jumplists.caption, to "Windows 7", and may the "later" should to "higher".
3. a few of "pmcommander.js.window_", there "windows" should to "window".
4. I have an questions about the "This option only enforces that pages received over secure connections are never cached to disk, regardless if the site allows caching or not." in pmcommander.sec.priv.cache.ssl.info, this meaning is ...? sorry, I understand just now.
5. a suggestion, allows the user to copy pref name and reset preferences via the context menu, like Configuration Mania.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2014-08-05, 08:14

Not to be rude or anything, isn't this like the extension "Fasterfox?" I see all the same options but with some added futures. Well I guess Fasterfox is mainly performance tweaks and Pale Moon Commander is more of the advanced under the hood tweaks?? Am I right or not?
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-05, 08:37

LimboSlam wrote:Not to be rude or anything, isn't this like the extension "Fasterfox?" I see all the same options but with some added futures. Well I guess Fasterfox is mainly performance tweaks and Pale Moon Commander is more of the advanced under the hood tweaks?? Am I right or not?
I'm sure there are plenty other Firefox tweaking add-ons. This one, however, is specific for Pale Moon, which others are not. I also try to keep the layout as consistent with the normal options dialog box as possible, something other extensions don't seem to do.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-05, 09:05

Pale Moon Commander has been updated to 1.4.0
  • Reworded a few things
  • Added the (future) Pale Moon GUID for extension compatibility
  • Added the zh-CN locale
  • Added granular referer control options (Security -> Privacy)
  • Updated graphics options to reflect the current state of Pale Moon

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-08-05, 16:25

You say you added a locale, however I'm not able to find versions other than english one on palemoon.org or addons.mozilla.org. How to find them ? :think:
Also, how may we help to get a new locale added ?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-05, 18:19

It will follow whatever locale you have set in the browser. If it's available in the extension, it will switch to it. If not, you will see the primary language (en-US). So, if you've switched your browser locale to zh-CN (general.useragent.locale), Pale Moon Commander will now show in zh-CN as well.

Pale Moon Commander is up on babelzilla for localization. http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?opt ... &type=show

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-08-05, 19:36

Ok, thanks.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-08-10, 18:45

I working on the german translation, but because of work and time for me this is maybe finish in 2 oder 3 weeks.

meta.properties (3 strings) = 100% finish
overlay.dtd (1 string) = 100% finish
prefs.dtd (285 strings) = 16% finish

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-10, 21:09

dark_moon wrote:I working on the german translation, but because of work and time for me this is maybe finish in 2 oder 3 weeks.

meta.properties (3 strings) = 100% finish
overlay.dtd (1 string) = 100% finish
prefs.dtd (285 strings) = 16% finish
Thanks, I saw the message that a DE translator had joined the project. Just remember to change the status to released after you've tested it and all, so i know when it's done. There's no rush, just do it when you have time for it - it's voluntary after all ;)

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-09-26, 16:39

Uhm babelzilla told me this: The deadline is approaching for the following extensions.
So that mean my translation cant be finished?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-26, 17:34

No, it's just a reminder. It's mostly there for existing translators who need to update just a few strings. Take your time. It can be done "when it's done"

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-09-26, 17:52

Okay.