Pale Moon Commander

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon Commander

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-12, 12:15

Please use babelzilla for translating. You're behind already since there's an update for PMC needed for Goanna and that's already pending in babelzilla.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

tmtisfree
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by tmtisfree » 2016-01-12, 17:31

Moonchild wrote:Please use babelzilla for translating. You're behind already since there's an update for PMC needed for Goanna and that's already pending in babelzilla.
Babelzilla stubbornly refuses my registration no matter when, where, or what I register with or on (I had the same problem with the Pale Moon v25 translation, a chance those strings are now on Transifex).

Too bad, I also have a bunch of translated add-ons. I will probably post that in the forum instead.

Cheers

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2016-01-30, 11:24

Since you've decided to leave out the preferences for the XSS filter from PM's GUI, would you consider adding these options to PM Commander instead?
Especially that whitelist feature seems like a practical thing to have quick access to.

AnotherSignup

Unread post by AnotherSignup » 2016-02-28, 19:39

Checking/unchecking Security tab/Privacy tab 'Spoof referer to target URL' has no effect. Had to go into config to manually edit network.http.referer.spoofSource. Haven't messed with Trim, so don't know if they don't work either.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-02-29, 18:27

Version 1.8.* will solve the typo for spoofed referrers and add some more enhancements (including v26 options). I'll have to wing a few included languages with missing strings being done with machine translations or left in English.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

AnotherSignup

Unread post by AnotherSignup » 2016-03-01, 14:46

Thanks. I'll look forward to seeing these other 'ease-of-use' additions you're planning. Goodo! Um, just a thought, would be great if I could set site-specific referer and xreferer settings so that I can block everything else (prefer not to have to resort to other addons), but realise it may not be possible and you have loads on your plate anyway.

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2016-03-01, 17:46

Moonchild wrote:Version 1.8.* will solve the typo for spoofed referrers and add some more enhancements (including v26 options)...
Will 1.8 include the enhancement that you and I (alone) discussed in this thread which provides a PMC settings reset? I hope that the lack of feedback from other users doesn't prevent this feature from being included in releases going forward. Thanks!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-03-01, 22:43

Yes, it will include the PMC-specific options reset.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2016-12-03, 21:01

Is there an ETA for the new version?

PhilK

Unread post by PhilK » 2017-04-12, 11:03

The add-ons page indicates that the current version of PM Commander has some options which are not supported by v27.x.

Until the time we get an updated version of PM Commander, do we at least have a list of items that don't work in v27.x?

I want to avoid setting an item I think is doing something important for eg privacy/security (something which is hard to verify in use because it affects "under the hood" behaviour like protocol negotiation), but it turns out to be a "placebo" setting..

TIA

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-06-26, 15:03

Has PMC been discontinued at this point?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-27, 08:34

Tomaso wrote:Has PMC been discontinued at this point?
Did you see a statement to that effect?
No.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-27, 20:36

One follow-up to this is though that unfortunately, it seems babelzilla is so completely busted that they lost my translation setup. The next version for v27 will be in English only.