Interlink default reply account

For discussions about side projects, potential future projects or helper applications for Pale Moon.
PM-user
Moonbather
Moonbather

Interlink default reply account

Unread post by PM-user » 2024-02-01, 16:26

When an email comes in, and you reply to it. is there a way to set the default account it will use to reply? Currently it just replies using the account the email came in on.

I know you can set the default account, but that only works for composing a new message.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Interlink default reply account

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-02-01, 17:14

(this applies to Epyrus, but interlink would likely be the same)

In settings for your account, there is a "default identity" where you can enter the information to use. If you don't want to us a receiving address as a sending address, you can remove that from the list of identities in "Manage identities" - if there is no matching identity when replying, the default will be used. Note that you can't do this if you sometimes want to use the receiving address -- in that case your option is to use the drop-down in the compose window to switch to your default identity.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

PM-user
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Interlink default reply account

Unread post by PM-user » 2024-02-01, 17:21

Yes that is the default I used:

Edit > Account Settings > [select desired account] > Set As Default

But it still uses the incoming email account for the outgoing, and I do use the incoming account sometimes for the outgoing.

So I guess I'll have to manually select the outgoing account each time before sending.