Frequently Asked Questions about the Pale Moon browser and their answers.
- Pale Moon guru
- Posts: 23650
- Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
- Location: 58°2'16"N 14°58'31"E
What servers does Pale Moon contact?
Pale Moon, by default, contacts a few different servers in addition to what you are surfing to.
Security-aware people may have noticed, so here is a roundup of what Pale Moon occasionally contacts for its various purposes:
- www.palemoon.org to check for updates to the browser
- blocklist.palemoon.org to check for updates to its extension blocklist
- addons.palemoon.org and versioncheck.addons.mozilla.org to check for updates to extensions
- pmsync.palemoon.net if you use Pale Moon Sync with the default server (optional)
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.
"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne
"I'm afraid you have me mistaken for someone who can be shamed by a child." -- Quillspawn