IMPORTANT: this only works well for old versions of Firefox. You should not try this for any Firefox version > 35 or so because file formats have changed and aren't compatible.
To migrate a Firefox or old (3.6.3 or earlier) Pale Moon profile (bookmarks, passwords, add-ons, etc.) to Pale Moon 3.6.6 or later, use the
What you should do is:
- Open a copy of Firefox and Pale Moon
- In both, go to Help -> Troubleshooting information, and click the "Open folder" button under "Profile"
>> You now have two explorer windows open, one in your active Firefox profile, one in your active Pale Moon profile
- Close both browsers, keep the explorer windows open.
- Copy all files and folders from your Firefox profile window to your Pale Moon profile window
- Close the explorer windows. You're done.
It is recommended you export your bookmarks in Firefox and import them in Pale Moon, and otherwise start fresh.
Some varied success has been reported using the FEBE tool to make selective backups and restores. Only select essential information like passwords and bookmarks. Extensions are best re-installed on Pale Moon due to potential path issues.