Tip: Change Buttoncolors back to grey

Post your tutorials for using applications or performing related tasks here.
Note: Not for "how do I...?" Questions!
Forum rules
Tutorials and Howtos should only relate to developed software, and not to third party applications. e.g.: Don't post a generic Howto for configuring a firewall.
If you have a question how to do something, you should use one of the support boards, not this board. It is meant for people to document and post instructions.
dark_moon

Tip: Change Buttoncolors back to grey

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-05-28, 08:51

You can change this in the userchrome.css or use the addon stylish.

Then paste this code in:

Code: Select all

#navigator-toolbox[iconsize=large][mode=icons] > #nav-bar :-moz-any(#back-button,#forward-button,#reload-button,#stop-button,#home-button,#print-button,#downloads-button,#history-button,#bookmarks-button,#bookmarks-menu-button,#new-tab-button,#new-window-button,#cut-button,#copy-button,#paste-button,#fullscreen-button,#zoom-out-button,#zoom-in-button,#sync-button,#feed-button,#alltabs-button,#tabview-button):not(:-moz-any(#alltabs-button,#tabview-button,#new-tab-button,#sync-button[status])) > .toolbarbutton-icon,#bookmarks-menu-button.bookmark-item{list-style-image:url("http://s.gullipics.com/image/7/d/s/6urwyf-j77k47-o1xa/Toolbar.png")!important;}
You can change the url path to the image (only 13kb) with the downloaded image on your drive. Just replace the url with this:
file:///X:/Pale Moon/Toolbar.png

Previews:
Actually Pale Moon:

Old colors with the code:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Tip: Change Buttoncolors back to grey

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-05-28, 09:10

Using a URL like that pointing to http://s.gullipics.com/image/7/d/s/6urwyf-j77k47-o1xa/Toolbar.png is not a good thing. You're making the browser dependent on a file being available on-line. You should save the file locally and point to it with file:// instead of pulling it from the 'net every time you use the browser as pointed out.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ElQuia

Unread post by ElQuia » 2012-08-30, 20:35

Hi tried this with palmoon 15 x64: no changes
#navigator-toolbox[iconsize=large][mode=icons] > #nav-bar:-moz-any(#back-button,#forward-button,#reload-button,#stop-button,#home-button,#print-button,#downloads-button,#history-button,#bookmarks-button,#bookmarks-menu-button,#new-tab-button,#new-window-button,#cut-button,#copy-button,#paste-button,#fullscreen-button,#zoom-out-button,#zoom-in-button,#sync-button,#feed-button,#alltabs-button,#tabview-button):not(:-moz-any(#alltabs-button,#tabview-button,#new-tab-button,#sync-button[status])) > .toolbarbutton-icon,#bookmarks-menu-button.bookmark-item{list-style-image:url("file://C:\Users\Pablo\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\Firefox Full\Toolbar.png")!important;}

I created a userchrome.css and copied it to the chrome dir of one of the three profiles I use....

no change ¿am I doing something wrong?

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-08-31, 07:34

Do you restart pale moon?

bobbyphoenix

Unread post by bobbyphoenix » 2012-09-24, 02:51

I can't get it to work either. I tried both the CSS file, and Styish.

bobbyphoenix

Unread post by bobbyphoenix » 2012-09-24, 02:55

Never mind. I got it to work with the Chrome folder. I only used the name "userChrome" without any .css at the end.

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2014-08-10, 23:48

@dark_moon: Thank you for this useful tip, I've been looking for a way to do this!

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2014-08-27, 17:19

dark_moon wrote:You can change the url path to the image (only 13kb) with the downloaded image on your drive. Just replace the url with this:
file:///X:/Pale Moon/Toolbar.png
Alternatively, you could store the image in the "chrome" folder (within your Pale Moon profile folder), and replace

http://s.gullipics.com/image/7/d/s/6urwyf-j77k47-o1xa/Toolbar.png
with

Toolbar.png
so you have

#navigator-toolbox[iconsize=large][mode=icons] > #nav-bar :-moz-any(#back-button,#forward-button,#reload-button,#stop-button,#home-button,#print-button,#downloads-button,#history-button,#bookmarks-button,#bookmarks-menu-button,#new-tab-button,#new-window-button,#cut-button,#copy-button,#paste-button,#fullscreen-button,#zoom-out-button,#zoom-in-button,#sync-button,#feed-button,#alltabs-button,#tabview-button):not(:-moz-any(#alltabs-button,#tabview-button,#new-tab-button,#sync-button[status])) > .toolbarbutton-icon,#bookmarks-menu-button.bookmark-item{list-style-image:url("Toolbar.png")!important;}
This way, you have all your style-related files in one location, and what's more, if you ever transfer your profile folder, all style-related files are transferred as well!