clearing cache

Post your tutorials for using applications or performing related tasks here.
Note: Not for "how do I...?" Questions!
Forum rules
Tutorials and Howtos should only relate to developed software, and not to third party applications. e.g.: Don't post a generic Howto for configuring a firewall.
If you have a question how to do something, you should use one of the support boards, not this board. It is meant for people to document and post instructions.
juney72

clearing cache

Unread post by juney72 » 2014-10-18, 01:48

I had an older version of Pale Moon, and couldn't figure out how to clear cache, so I went on Google and found instructions-Only problem was that the version I had didn't show the "buttons" I was supposed to use (tools, etc) so I uninstalled the older version and started over. Now have newest version but still no row above address line with File, options,tools, etc-so now what do I do?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: clearing cache

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-18, 10:11

You can briefly tap the Alt key to show the classic menu if it is off by default.

You can also find the Options in the "AppMenu" that opens by clicking the Pale Moon blue button.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-18, 12:13

Right-click in a free space of tabs bar or navigation bar to quickly easily get a context menu which allow you to switch which toolbars will appear or not ; or to open a menu to choose more carefully where elements are. (That's, if you're interested in changing the default)

GStathops
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by GStathops » 2015-08-18, 14:11

'Empty cache button 2.6'...
add-on that adds a convenient button for clearing up the cache.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... he-button/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-08-18, 23:20

It's not recommended to clear your cache so regularly that you need a button for it. In that case you may as well not use a disk cache at all, and always download content.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

superA

Unread post by superA » 2015-08-26, 16:58

Moonchild wrote:It's not recommended to clear your cache so regularly that you need a button for it. In that case you may as well not use a disk cache at all, and always download content.
I only have memory cache in use but I clear it ( via Cntrl+Shift+Del ) regularly.
Can you explain please , why it is not recommended?

Thanks.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2015-08-26, 17:38

Because when you often clear it, your browser needs to reload every files from the sites you visit.
This slow down the browsing for the first time- after the entries are in your cache.

And if you have no problems with sites, then a cache cleaning isn't needed nor recommend.

superA

Unread post by superA » 2015-08-26, 18:35

dark_moon wrote:Because when you often clear it, your browser needs to reload every files from the sites you visit.
This slow down the browsing for the first time- after the entries are in your cache.

And if you have no problems with sites, then a cache cleaning isn't needed nor recommend.
Thank you dark_moon for the responce ,

I know the first time slow down , because I run the browser sandboxed (clearing everything on exit , is another possibility) , but I thought for a moment that
something else might brake , if you clean your cache often.
Anyway , its a long discussion , privacy wise , if you have to do it regularly or not , I guess.