1. To open PDF files directly in external reader
If your favorite pdf reader, e.g. Adobe Reader, doesn't have support for 64 bit, you can configure Pale Moon to open PDF files directly in the external pdf reader, without opening the save/open dialog first.
This can be done from Options->Applications->PDF Document and choosing your favorite pdf viewer. Next time you open a page containing pdf document Pale Moon should automatically open it in the configured application.
2. To open PDF files inside the browser
If you have used to this behavior and don't want to open external applications to view pdf documents you must use a reader that has a 64 bit compatible plugin or enable the internal pdf viewer that comes in Pale Moon called pdf.js.
2.1 Enabling pdf.js
Write about:config in the navigation bar, search for pdf and set as below:
Code: Select all
pdfjs.disabled false pdfjs.firstRun false
2.2 Using alternative 64bit compatible PDF readers
Tested and recommended:
- SumatraPDFx64 amazingly fast and light open-source pdf reader. Xhmikosr provides these unofficial 64 bit compiled builds available at,
- Nitro Reader, http://www.nitroreader.com/
- Foxit Reader, http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/
- PDF-XChange Viewer, http://www.tracker-software.com/product ... nge-viewer