Installing Flash Player on Pale Moon Portable

Post your tutorials for using applications or performing related tasks here.
Note: Not for "how do I...?" Questions!
Forum rules
Tutorials and Howtos should only relate to developed software, and not to third party applications. e.g.: Don't post a generic Howto for configuring a firewall.
If you have a question how to do something, you should use one of the support boards, not this board. It is meant for people to document and post instructions.
access2godzilla

Installing Flash Player on Pale Moon Portable

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2013-09-30, 12:05

Recommended method:

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer for Pale Moon and run it. It'll automatically do everything for you.

Manual method

Note : I've assumed that Pale Moon (PM) Portable is installed in "E:\palemoon". This location will change accordingly as per where you installed PM Portable.
  • Download the web installer or the offline installer of Adobe Flash Player and install it.
  • Press Windows key + R and type "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash" (without the quotes) into it, and hit enter.
  • Copy all the DLL files beginning with "np" in it to "E:\palemoon\Lib\Mozilla\Plugins".
Now, start PM Portable. You will find that the Flash Player has been installed. The Flash Player will work regardless of whether the computer has Flash installed or not; and the version of Flash Player residing in "E:\palemoon\Lib\Mozilla\Plugins" will override whichever version may be installed on the computer.

lyceus

Re: Installing Flash Player on Pale Moon Portable

Unread post by lyceus » 2013-10-10, 21:41

Thank you for the tip since this even is helpful for other versions like x64 and "where is Flash" common trouble. ;)

highend

Unread post by highend » 2014-03-12, 10:42

My Pale Moon resides in: D:\Users\Highend\Tools\Palemoon\App
So I've created D:\Users\Highend\Tools\Palemoon\App\Lib\Mozilla\Plugins

and copied over all plugins (flash, shockwave, etc.) from my portable Firefox into this folder.

But when I start Pale Moon and use e.g. about:plugins in the address bar there aren't any addons at all (and sites who use e.g. flash prompt me if I want to install it).

Did this folder changed recently? I'm using the v24.4 x86 version...

Bocmanice

Unread post by Bocmanice » 2014-10-17, 07:39

Just copy flash files to default Pale Moon folder. It works for me.