Old style (classic) download manager
Setting this big favorite is really simple, through preferences:
- Go to Options/Tools -> Status Bar options...
- Click the category "Download"
- Under "Firefox compatibility features", select "Use classic download manager"
- Shut down Pale Moon completely (File -> Exit or Pale Moon button -> Exit) and restart it.
This is the default in Pale Moon 20, and you don't have to do anything specific to get this.
Download Panel, where "show all downloads" opens the list of downloads in a new tab
If you don't like the library window when you click "show all downloads" but would rather have Pale Moon use a new tab with all downloads in it (about:downloads) then you need to make an edit to the way Pale Moon's user interface works. Thankfully this is a rather painless process.
To achieve this, you need to replace one of the user interface script files in Pale Moon, called DownloadsUI.js
Click to download:
- Download the above file
- Shut down Pale Moon (File -> Exit or Pale Moon button -> Exit)
- Go to your installed Pale Moon folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon)
- Go to the "components" subfolder there (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\components)
- Replace the DownloadsUI.js file with the one you just downloaded
- Restart Pale Moon
To get the downloads indicator and panel in the status bar, you need to do the following:
- Right-click a toolbar and select "Customize..."
- Drag the Download arrow button from your navigation bar to the customization window to remove it from the UI (this will appear as an arrow icon with "downloads" under it)
- Find the other down arrow with "Download status" under it and drag it down to the status bar (by default left of the progress meter, but anywhere you prefer)
- Close the customization window
- Go to Options -> Status bar options... -> Downloads and check "Always show the downloads indicator"