Post your tutorials for using Pale Moon or performing related tasks here.
Note: Not for "how do I...?" Questions!
Tutorials and Howtos should only relate to Pale Moon, and not to third party applications. e.g.: Don't post a Howto for configuring your firewall.
If you have a question how to do something, you should use one of the support boards, not this board. It is meant for people to document and post instructions.
- Pale Moon guru
- Posts: 27406
- Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
- Location: 58°2'16"N 14°58'31"E
Touted as a "new" feature for Firefox 20, the panel-based download manager is already present in Pale Moon 19, but requires a few steps to enable:
- Open the advanced configuration manager by typing about:config in the address bar and pressing the enter key.
- In the configuration manager, find the preference browser.download.useToolkitUI and set this to false
- Restart Pale Moon (completely exit and start it again)
- Right-click a toolbar button (e.g. the home button) and select "customize..."
- In the customization panel, find the Arrow icon "downloads" and drag this into the navigation bar to your desired spot (e.g. to the right of the search box)
You will now have the panel-based download manager as-present in Firefox 20!
Note: if you omit steps 4 and 5, the panel for downloads will be positioned in a strange or arbitrary location as it's tied to the location of the button that's not present yet in the UI.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose