profile manager

Post your tutorials for using applications or performing related tasks here.
Note: Not for "how do I...?" Questions!
Forum rules
Tutorials and Howtos should only relate to developed software, and not to third party applications. e.g.: Don't post a generic Howto for configuring a firewall.
If you have a question how to do something, you should use one of the support boards, not this board. It is meant for people to document and post instructions.
glitterbug

profile manager

Unread post by glitterbug » 2017-01-18, 12:41

ive had to do a complete factory reinstall on my laptop. ive managed to create one by doing this close the browser and type "palemoon.exe -profilemanager" (without the quotes) in the search box. That opens up the window to add different profiles.

The only problem is that it will only open one profile at a time. If i click on another profile i created it just takes me back onto the other one i had open previously. In the past i could copy the desktop pm icon and call it profile manager and create multiple profiles that opened them all. I tried that way and it didnt work. This is what is in the target "C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" if i put anything else in it still doesnt do anything.

i followed this http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows. thanks. im using windows 10 and 64 bit

PhoxFyre
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: profile manager

Unread post by PhoxFyre » 2017-01-19, 02:48

either open command prompt and type in the location of the exe, then -p (optional: profile name) -no-remote
An easier way to do this is to create a shortcut of Pale moon, open properties, then edit the "Target:" area to say -p (optional: profile name) -no-remote :D

My setup is in attachment:
Attachments
dllhost_2017-01-18_20-48-18.png

glitterbug

Unread post by glitterbug » 2017-01-20, 01:51

what if you have 3 profiles etc. i play games so have a few profiles

glitterbug

Unread post by glitterbug » 2017-01-20, 01:55

nope it didnt work

PhoxFyre
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by PhoxFyre » 2017-01-20, 03:45

sorry, maybe try -new-instance

glitterbug

Unread post by glitterbug » 2017-01-20, 11:50

nope that didnt work, they take the commands but just do the same thing, will only open one profile. i have to come out of the other profile to open another :x

HaleSun
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by HaleSun » 2017-01-21, 08:21

If nothing else works, you could always use the portable version. That never fails to run multiple profiles concurrently, since every profile is kept separate from the others and has its own isolated program instance. If one profile were to crash the others would be unaffected.

glitterbug

Unread post by glitterbug » 2017-01-27, 20:09

Why does it no longer work it worked a week ago

glitterbug

Unread post by glitterbug » 2017-01-27, 20:53

I've finally managed to get it to work thanks for your help ive got this in my target line now "C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -ProfileManager-P -no-remote i tried all ways and finally managed to get it to worki

nonaz

Unread post by nonaz » 2017-04-22, 00:34

Out of curiosity whats wrong with the Profile Switcher addon?

Doesnt it work anylonger in windows 10 or Palemoon 64? (im still using Win7 & Palemoon 32 & it works fine, allows multiple profiles open at same time, even local & portable same as other browser versions)