Integrating Free Download Manager

Post your tutorials for using applications or performing related tasks here.
Note: Not for "how do I...?" Questions!
Forum rules
Tutorials and Howtos should only relate to developed software, and not to third party applications. e.g.: Don't post a generic Howto for configuring a firewall.
If you have a question how to do something, you should use one of the support boards, not this board. It is meant for people to document and post instructions.
astewart
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Integrating Free Download Manager

Unread post by astewart » 2015-03-08, 00:51

Blacklab wrote: A major drawback of using Integrator Add-on's such as FlashGot (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashgot/) or xThunder (https://addons.mozilla.org/enUS/firefox/addon/xthunder) is that they cannot achieve the full integration with Pale Moon that FDM is designed to offer. In particular FDM's built-in monitoring feature, which should automatically "pick up" downloads selected in the browser, does not work.
This also seems to be an obsolete fact about Flashgot from years back. I use it to invoke FDM and it works essentially the same as the FDM plugin did. Flashgot auto detects FDM as a download manager option when installed and can auto launch FDM for selected downloads. Also provides context menu items similar to the FDM plugin.

Alan

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2015-03-08, 07:22

astewart wrote:This also seems to be an obsolete fact about Flashgot from years back. I use it to invoke FDM and it works essentially the same as the FDM plugin did. Flashgot auto detects FDM as a download manager option when installed and can auto launch FDM for selected downloads. Also provides context menu items similar to the FDM plugin.
Yes, the original methods posted on here for integrating FDM into Pale Moon were really aimed at slightly more advanced users anyway. I use FlashGot and I corroberate these comments, current versions of FlashGot will enable full integration and functionality with PM.

Morgoth

Unread post by Morgoth » 2015-03-22, 11:41

@ Alan

Thank you so much! That did it for me. FDM now works perfectly fine again. I did remember the name FlashGot, but I wouldn't have gotten the idea of using it as a replacement for the FDM-Plugin (and that FDM-Plugin already had been a pain in the a.. in Firefox: Whenever a new FF-Version came out, it stopped working...).