In this tutorial I want to share my way of dealing with the broken web made by Google and their pals, they keep adding unecessary features to make the web more and more slow and ugly. In this case we need to solve the problem of Youtube/Dailymotion/Nicovideo/video sharing/social websites... first because they're very popular. Okay, now just let me cook!
- First, install: Open With Edge, IE, Chrome, and More
- Download MPV and extract to your desired directory: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-pl ... ows/files/ or https://github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbui ... e/releases
- Download yt-dlp and extract to your MPV's directory: https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/releases
- Ctrl + Shift + A -> find Open With Edge, IE, Chrome, and More -> Options:
- Add MPV as Menu, PATH_TO_YOUR_MPV.EXE as Location, if you aren't sure check my image:
- Right click -> Open with MPV -> Done!
- Or Go to video page -> Toolbar button -> Open with MPV -> Done!
As you can see, the performance of MPV is top notch (I opened 3 videos at the same time, no big deal)! It's thousands times better than web browsers' HTML5 player, and it's very neat, you can use shortcuts 1-2 to change contrast, 3-4 to change gamma,  to change speed... and more!
I hope you enjoy this tutorial and see you!