How to create a new toolbar and make it show?

Post your tutorials for using Pale Moon here.
Note: Not for "how do I...?" Questions!

Moderators: satrow, Indalecio

Forum rules
Tutorials and Howtos should only relate to Pale Moon, and not to third party applications. e.g.: Don't post a Howto for configuring your firewall.
If you have a question how to do something, you should use one of the support boards, not this board. It is meant for people to document and post instructions.
nimanima
Moonbather
Moonbather

How to create a new toolbar and make it show?

Postby nimanima » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:18 pm

That is something I have been trying to do and wondering about since I first installed Pale Moon. Under "View Toolbars Customize" there is an option to create a new toolbar. When you click on that a little window opens where you can enter a name for this new toolbar. Enter the name, click on okay and then on save and - nothing happens. The new toolbar nowhere shows up. At least I can nowhere find it. It also does not show up in the dropdown list of checked and unchecked Toolbars in the "View" Menu. Am I blind? Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

josephd
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: How to create a new toolbar and make it show?

Postby josephd » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Instructions in following thread may prove to be useful.

viewtopic.php?t=11346

nimanima
Moonbather
Moonbather

Postby nimanima » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:45 pm

Thank you, that should be really mentioned somewhere. Unfortunately the new toolbar still does not show in the dropdown list, but at least I can see it now.

gracious1
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby gracious1 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:45 pm

Well, I have a follow-up question. Once you've created a custom toolbar and made it "stick", it appears with every new window you open. Is there a way to make the custom toolbar hidden by default?
ImageBe not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside. — Alexander Pope

Return to “Tutorials/Howtos”