[Poll] Forum responsiveness?

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

How well does the forum respond for you?

Very good, no noticeable delays or pauses.
92%
Very good, but some stalls on rare occasions.
8%
Good, with the occasional pause.
No votes
Noticeable pauses which interfere a little.
No votes
Pauses which really interfere with browsing/posting.
No votes
Practically unusable (please comment with your location and if possible provide a traceroute)
No votes

Total votes: 12

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

[Poll] Forum responsiveness?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-06-14, 12:07

I'd just like to know how the forum is responding for all of you at the moment.
No need to put what you voted in replies, but if you have anything very specific that we should look at, let me know.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Re: [Poll] Forum responsiveness?

Unread post by satrow » 2012-06-14, 12:19

I've not voted, as I feel it may be a little early if there are further changes afoot in the next few days.

Over the last 18 hours or so, response times have been excellent for me. I think the last pause that bugged my train of thought was about 36-48 hours ago.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-06-14, 12:23

I voted as it is possible to change the vote. :)

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2012-06-14, 12:27

It's working very good for me. :D Fast with no pauses. :thumbup:
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-06-14, 13:45

satrow wrote:I've not voted, as I feel it may be a little early if there are further changes afoot in the next few days.

Over the last 18 hours or so, response times have been excellent for me. I think the last pause that bugged my train of thought was about 36-48 hours ago.
Well, the switch to the new datacenter is at least another week away - I'm just trying to get a feel for if things are set up properly on the software side of things. You can always review your vote later and change it (I've left that open). The setup will be moved as-is to the new location, it'll just be on a different IP once the move is complete. I already probed the hosting co. if the change of port from unmetered to metered would affect my package, but it won't.

There has been a disruption in the last 48 hours because of some script kiddie killing the node with a DoS script, but that was handled swiftly and without mercy by the hosting co.'s admin.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2012-06-14, 14:25

Ok, vote added :)

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2012-06-14, 14:57

Absolutely no problems here during the last few days. :thumbup:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-06-24, 23:00

Server move got cancelled - and considering nobody complains in this poll, I'm happy with that.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-07-01, 20:38

I am getting a lot of lag with page loading over the last hour. Other sites are not effected so it is not my ISP.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-07-01, 20:57

I'm on it.
talking with the hosting co. who's talking to their datacenter folks. It's been problematic the past day or 2 but only on occasion, apparently. We might be dealing with a bad upstream provider overselling bandwidth, in which case things will be moved elsewhere.

UPDATE: Word was that it was an overloaded gateway/switch because of another node in the same DC segment being under a DDoS attack (a few Gbit of bandwidth) which has been dealt with now. We should be back to normal.