Forum moved (again)

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Rohugh

Re: Forum moved (again)

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-06-04, 11:34

steviem1 wrote:Today, the whole site is extremely slow, at times almost unuseable... is everyone having this problem now?
Yes, and earlier my mobile access was timing out.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2012-06-04, 12:34

It's back to being very slow for me again. :(
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2012-06-04, 13:04

Yes, it's being looked into.
I was forced to move the main website somewhere else temporarily to keep it acceptable.
This has to be resolved soon or I'll just have to move again. I'm getting sick and tired of having to reconfigure networking though.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

dv8cowboy

Unread post by dv8cowboy » 2012-06-04, 13:16

Yes, I am Stevie... :sick:

I wish ADMIN (name,please???) would consider getting a GOOD Server/Computer with a back-up power supply. He would be able to control EVERYTHING,customise and blow away the commercial providers!It would cost more in the beginning only but the advantages are tremendous!I'd daresay there would be many more members signing up over time and the advantages would be awesome... :thumbup:

-Cowboy

steviem1 wrote:Today, the whole site is extremely slow, at times almost unuseable... is everyone having this problem now?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2012-06-04, 15:30

dv8cowboy wrote:I wish ADMIN (name,please???) would consider getting a GOOD Server/Computer with a back-up power supply. He would be able to control EVERYTHING,customise and blow away the commercial providers!It would cost more in the beginning only but the advantages are tremendous!I'd daresay there would be many more members signing up over time and the advantages would be awesome... :thumbup:
OK, Cowboy. You've been abrasive in PMs before about this and apparently can't help but try and push your envelope yet again.
  • You don't need a name, as this role may be fulfilled by any number of technical administrators for the forum.
  • Home servers (as you have tried to evangelize as the ultimate solution for anyone running a website) are no match for commercial servers in dedicated data centers. This has been explained to you in PM - and will be confirmed by anyone who has an ounce of experience in IT (which neither you nor your wife apparently have)
  • You are now at three warnings and your second temp ban - I'm in a good mood or otherwise your trolling self would have been disappeared permanently this time
*crosses arms and looks stern* Don't mess with us. :problem:
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-06-05, 14:45

All seems back to normal now with a quick forum. Thank you very much Admin/Moonchild for the work and time you put in to both this forum and the browser. :clap:

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2012-06-05, 14:59

Rohugh wrote:All seems back to normal now with a quick forum. Thank you very much Admin/Moonchild for the work and time you put in to both this forum and the browser. :clap:
I'll second that, Rohugh. :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-06-05, 15:06

You're welcome!
(closing this thread since we're all good to go, finally)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite