We're back!

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

We're back!

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-05-26, 10:57

Looks like we're back - If something isn't working, let me know here, please.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Rohugh

Re: We're back!

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-05-26, 11:03

Nice to have you back after what seemed quite a long time, I missed my visits to keep up to date. I haven't seen any problems yet. :thumbup:

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2012-05-26, 11:15

The void has now been filled... good to see this great forum back online! :D

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2012-05-27, 12:31

I'm noticing a snappier (faster) response to this site now. :D
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2012-05-27, 12:54

Night Wing wrote:I'm noticing a snappier (faster) response to this site now. :D
Good! I haven't seen much difference, in fact, I see some notable pauses (up to 10 seconds) at the moment on occasion - I gather it still needs some time to settle server-side as there are some spikes where it doesn't respond as it should. If these pauses don't go away, I'll have a chat with the hosting provider.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2012-05-27, 16:59

Admin wrote: I see some notable pauses (up to 10 seconds) at the moment on occasion - I gather it still needs some time to settle server-side as there are some spikes where it doesn't respond as it should. If these pauses don't go away, I'll have a chat with the hosting provider.
I'm also noticing slow page loading every now and then, since the changeover.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2012-05-27, 17:53

I'm noticing a definite page loading speed up. Hardly any lag and I'm using my nine year old former XP backup computer now running 32 bit Windows 7 Ultimate with only 1 GB of memory.

Of course, I'm using Pale Moon with only 2 add-ons.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-05-27, 17:57

Night Wing wrote:I'm noticing a definite page loading speed up. Hardly any lag and I'm using my nine year old former XP backup computer now running 32 bit Windows 7 Ultimate with only 1 GB of memory.

Of course, I'm using Pale Moon with only 2 add-ons.
Overall I agree it's more responsive. We're just experiencing web server stalls (waiting for...) that shouldn't happen and that I'm not happy about.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2012-05-30, 09:38

Seems the server stalls have gone away - so we should be good to go. I guess it just had to settle into proper web caching for the different sites running on it now. As far as I understood this was a merge of several vhost servers into one large consolidated one - hopefully we won't get any abusive "neighbors" on the server. ;-)
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-05-30, 19:42

Seems you spoke too soon about the server as it has just been down for a few hours - or maybe it was "abusive neighbors". :D

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-05-30, 19:51

Rohugh wrote:Seems you spoke too soon about the server as it has just been down for a few hours - or maybe it was "abusive neighbors". :D
I'm aware. and am getting rather unhappy with my current hosting provider. Time to look for greener pastures, I think.