Mobile log in

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Rohugh

Mobile log in

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-05-15, 15:40

The forum sure didn't like me trying to log in from my mobile this morning, it kept refusing me. Maybe it was because I was still logged in here? I logged out from here and then tried again from the mobile but it asked for a Captcha (exceeded the number of tries), still no go - and yeah I am sure I entered everything correctly.

Not a problem as I was only going to have a browse whilst having breakfast down the town in the hot Spanish sun and idling away half an hour. Anyone else have mobile log in problems?

lyceus

Re: Mobile log in

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-05-16, 03:40

Maybe if you tell us the mobile and browser you tried, I usually use the native Blackberry for the mobile pages and leave the Opera Mini for heavy sites (ie. Deviant Art). Maybe the forum fails to guess which browser do you have, as some mobile browsers can "mimic" Firefox or MISE with bad results as Blackberry does.

(BTW I use an BB 9320)

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-05-16, 09:35

Native Blackberry.

It failed again this morning. Never mind, I can browse the forum, just can't log in but I don't need to post from my mobile, anything can wait until I am back here at my computer.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-05-18, 05:04

You know, blackberry browser is baaad for my model. A page with too much javascript and it locks away and

1. It cannot read a page again until battery pull
2. It cannot open links with the middle button until battery pull
3. All of the above

I prefer Opera for those tasks but even that sometimes die painfully. *rip*

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-05-18, 18:20

Rohugh wrote:Native Blackberry.

It failed again this morning. Never mind, I can browse the forum, just can't log in but I don't need to post from my mobile, anything can wait until I am back here at my computer.
I'm using opera mini 6.5 and things work fine on the blackberry curve over wifi. So it's the lame native browser.

If you want a wifi/bis friendy version of opera try download from this link http://m.opera.com/ since the app store always serves the bis only version.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-05-18, 18:58

lobocursor wrote:
I'm using opera mini 6.5 and things work fine on the blackberry curve over wifi. So it's the lame native browser.

If you want a wifi/bis friendy version of opera try download from this link http://m.opera.com/ since the app store always serves the bis only version.
.... or maybe just the lame Movistar. OK I will give it a go and see what happens. :)

Edit: link was perfect, just gotta wait for the download etc.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-05-18, 19:36

OK, all downloaded and I have logged in, hence this post just to check it all finally. Now just to set the browser up with all my links - I think there is a way to sync with an Opera desktop, I will do that tomorrow.

Thanks lobocursor.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-05-19, 03:53

Rohugh wrote:OK, all downloaded and I have logged in, hence this post just to check it all finally. Now just to set the browser up with all my links - I think there is a way to sync with an Opera desktop, I will do that tomorrow.

Thanks lobocursor.
You welcome! :D I found the link in the hard way since I need to use apps that work only on WiFi, I had Iusacell before but is not funny that they want to charge 400 pesos (22 €) for post a twit or download an app when that use is included in the plan. :thumbdown:

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-05-19, 09:26

I was confused with the sync option for a while until I realized that the bookmarks to be synched need to be put in the Opera Mini folder on the desktop.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-05-20, 05:42

Rohugh wrote:I was confused with the sync option for a while until I realized that the bookmarks to be synched need to be put in the Opera Mini folder on the desktop.
I never sync the bookmarks I use the browser for see pages that lock up the phone. ;)