Developer site doesn't seem to be updating. Topic is solved

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Developer site doesn't seem to be updating.

Unread post by athenian200 » 2024-01-29, 22:15

I noticed that recently Travis made some updates to the Developer site to include instructions for OL8, and those don't seem to have filtered through to the actual website.

Also, I should also note that I wanted to update the GCC version in the SunOS documentation from 7 to 10 while I'm at it. Forgot to do that when I updated it in the codebase.

This really isn't a pressing priority, and honestly I'm only thinking about it right now because I'm sitting around at school on my laptop waiting to be picked up, and have absolutely nothing better to do.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Developer site doesn't seem to be updating.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-01-29, 22:58

Right.
Well the reason is that it was pointed out that files in the .git subdir were accessible (actually a potential disclosure problem if sites aren't already having their repo public) which wasn't really intended and I didn't think about the fact I had it set up to pull from the repo for site updates, so I removed it, breaking repo updates. I've restored that now (and secured the /.git directory while at it).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite