Moving Gitea and xref

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Moving Gitea and xref

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-01-03, 20:36

I'm in the process of moving services out of my in-house server to datacenter locations due to rapidly increasing costs of running power-hungry hardware 24/7 on a residential connection.
I plan to move Gitea and xref (the last 2 services) at the end of this week or over the weekend. Since it will involve transferring many GB of repository data across, this will take considerable time to complete and both services will be unavailable for the duration.

If you want to work locally during the downtime, make sure you keep an up-to-date checkout of the branches you think you'll need.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Moving Gitea and xref

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-01-06, 20:48

Planned to do this tomorrow, Jan 7th 2023 whenever I get up (EU time zone) to however long it takes :P
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Moving Gitea and xref

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-01-07, 21:17

https://repo.palemoon.org/ has been moved. Xref will take considerably longer since copying the source trees (~575k files) is taking way longer than anticipated.