About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

LeeBinder
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

[Board Bug] Not possible to activate signature

Unread post by LeeBinder » 2022-11-22, 21:25

FAQ/How do I add a signature to my post? states:
To add a signature to a post you must first create one via your User Control Panel.
But nowhere in the User Control Panel I can find an entry "Signature". Searched every section - nothing.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: [Board Bug] Not possible to activate signature

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-11-22, 22:48

A picture is worth 1000 words in this case, so...
Attachments
Image1.png
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

LeeBinder
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by LeeBinder » 2022-11-22, 23:08

@moonchild thank you. I now see that entry in my UCP. I am 100% positive it was NOT active before because I searched for signature via Cmd-F. I still had that string in my search box from before, and indeed, the search on the page for signature now found that entry, which it did not before.

I am also 100% sure this has to do with the fact that you just approved my first post! (thanks for that here, as a side note ;) )

It would be helpful if you included that requirement in the text at FAQ/How do I add a signature to my post?, suggested as follows:
Note that you will only be able to add a signature after we approved the first post of yours! [rest of the text as is]
Same would apply to Board rules Sections 6/ Signatures.
Intel MacBook (MacBookPro15,4) with macOS Ventura, Monterey and Big Sur

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-11-23, 01:04

You can't even search for and find an option on the site, therefore the site has a bug? Incredible :coffee:
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-11-23, 01:54

LeeBinder wrote:
2022-11-22, 23:08
It would be helpful if you included that requirement in the text
Nah. To avoid confusion I've just changed that particular requirement. as it is first posts need approval anyway so any bad sig will be immediately known to mods in that case.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

LeeBinder
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by LeeBinder » 2022-11-23, 07:49

Moonchild wrote:
2022-11-23, 01:54
To avoid confusion I've just changed that particular requirement.
Great you found that irritating and limiting setting, Moonchild, and thanks for removing it. That way it will be simpler for new future members.
moonbat wrote:
2022-11-23, 01:04
You can't even search for and find an option on the site, therefore the site has a bug? Incredible :coffee:
I kindly request you edit or remove that post of yours since in the meantime it proved true that indeed signature was blocked for a new user, and that I was neither blind not stupid. Please in the future don't shoot and shout that fast. Just because we don't wanna believe something doesn't mean at all it doesn't exist .. ;) Thank you moonbat
Intel MacBook (MacBookPro15,4) with macOS Ventura, Monterey and Big Sur