Can't post to a topic.

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

MHartfield

Can't post to a topic.

Unread post by MHartfield » 2022-03-25, 18:22

I'm trying to respond to the "Another look at the Mozilla dumpster fire" thread but I don't see any "reply" or "quote", etc.
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=27801

I have been able to reply to "Google search results of "site:forum.palemoon.org" are broken."

Is this because I'm a new user, or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Can't post to a topic.

Unread post by van p » 2022-03-25, 19:31

There's a "Post Reply" button at the top left and bottom left of the list of comments on each page of the thread. Clicking on either of those buttons will take you to the text box to type in your comments, unless there's something wrong on your end.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.1 x64

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2022-03-25, 19:45

In the interest of preventing users just signing up to engage with off-topic content, newly registered users are restricted from posting or replying in that board. This is, among other things, to prevent hot topics that don't actually belong on a Pale Moon and related forum from spinning out of control, and to prevent the "pile-up" effect. The Off-topic board has special rules of engagement.
People are expected to register here primarily to post on-topic content. Once established a little, then you're free to participate in things that might as well be better discussed elsewhere.
Consider it a mild enforcement of the "lurk first, post later" part of netiquette.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

MHartfield

Unread post by MHartfield » 2022-03-26, 02:37

Thanks. I had a feeling there was a delay. No problem.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-03-26, 06:57

@ MHartfield

I might be wrong on this, but I think after your third post which you now have, you are now able to post messages in the Off Topic forum. Try it and see if you can.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox