User account purge incoming

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

User account purge incoming

Unread post by Admin » 2021-12-17, 11:55

In January 2022 we will be performing a user account purge based on last active date. (exact date for this maintenance not set but likely middle of the month somewhere)
This is in line with our privacy policy and facilitates removal of account data for accounts that have been inactive for a long time.

To make sure your account isn't purged, log in to the forum at least once before the purge date if you have been inactive for a very long time (years). Posting anything is not required. Just log in and you're set. You can verify your last active date by checking your user profile.

If your account was purged after this maintenance due to inactivity, then you will have to re-register on the forum.

Important: when your account is purged there will be no way for forum staff to restore it, nor will there be a way to link any newly created account to old posts. So if you are inactive but wish to retain your posting history on your account make sure you log in to your account on the forum before the maintenance occurs.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

archerbob

Re: User account purge incoming

Unread post by archerbob » 2021-12-30, 22:12

Hi there, thanks for the heads up email!

I'd previously lost track of my account due to Firefox issues and another PC dying.

I may not be on much, but rest assure I am still active.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: User account purge incoming

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-12-31, 00:28

archerbob wrote:
2021-12-30, 22:12
I may not be on much, but rest assure I am still active.
You don't have to inform the admin :)
Just login once, that's all.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX