Logged out when trying to upload an avatar

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Seamaiden

Logged out when trying to upload an avatar

Unread post by Seamaiden » 2021-11-26, 05:14

When trying to upload an avatar, I am logged out instead of having the avatar uploaded. After clearing browser history and cookies and turning off my VPN, the problem continues. My file size and dimensions are under those that are specified. I have tried both jpg and png files. Is this a new bug to report?
Windows 10 (64-bit). Pale Moon 29.4.5.1 with Tab Mix Plus 0.5.8.1. Firefox 98.0.2. Thunderbird 91.8.0.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Logged out when trying to upload an avatar

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-11-26, 10:07

The forum does extensive checking to make sure logged-in browsing sessions aren't hijacked.
If you use a VPN or proxy, or otherwise mask or anonymize essential data, then that might indeed interfere.

Sorry to hear of your troubles but it seems this is the forum software doing exactly what it is mean to do.
Please try again logging in without any anonymizing settings/extensions, from a direct connection without VPN, allowing cookies, after clearing your cache and site data, then upload your desired avatar again.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Seamaiden

Re: Logged out when trying to upload an avatar

Unread post by Seamaiden » 2021-12-25, 05:34

Situation resolved. Avatar successfully uploaded.

Thank you.
Windows 10 (64-bit). Pale Moon 29.4.5.1 with Tab Mix Plus 0.5.8.1. Firefox 98.0.2. Thunderbird 91.8.0.