Do i need special permission to download maxos files?

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

pmlover32323

Do i need special permission to download maxos files?

Unread post by pmlover32323 » 2021-11-06, 20:38

Sorry i am new. i can't find answer to my problem.

I am trying to download Pale Moon for maxOS. it keeps saying http://macfiles.palemoon.org not found. Do i need special permission? or Is it moved?

Thank you.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Do i need special permission to download maxos files?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-11-06, 21:29

Sorry, but we no longer build, support or distribute Macintosh versions of Pale Moon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

pmlover32323

Unread post by pmlover32323 » 2021-11-06, 21:36

i've just read macos dropped from 2021/03. Do you know where I can download older versions, like 28.x or 27.x, or 26.x?

Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-11-06, 22:37

If you insist on running it, you should not even consider using such ancient versions unless you like running high risk of security issues.
You're honestly better off choosing a different browser if you are on Mac; even the latest released version is not up to date as regards vulnerability patches.

Regardless, mac versions have been created by outside contributors and have never been official, so we don't have an archive of past versions.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

pmlover32323

Unread post by pmlover32323 » 2021-11-07, 02:24

We have a lot of scripts written in old version. Chasing newest version is not always good in reality.

I am trying to get some older version so that compatibility is not an issue. I don't want to rewrite scripts or redo systems. because my linux is also in 16.04 which is not supported either.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-11-07, 04:41

I don't see how that is our problem.