Why was my forum handle changed?

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

The Squash
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Why was my forum handle changed?

Unread post by The Squash » 2021-10-01, 23:43

Now this change tripped me up when I tried to log in earlier: My name on the forum was changed from "xjxyz" to "The Squash".

Why was it changed? Who requested this? Who changed it?

TIA.
HANG-INDUCING ORPHANED ZOMBIE GARBAGE
In theaters now -- Rated R

(Thanks @[PCMartin], great title for a movie!)

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Why was my forum handle changed?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-10-02, 00:28

Admin did. He resolved your fake ragequit.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2021-10-04, 22:19

Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

The Squash
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by The Squash » 2021-10-04, 23:12

Ummm... Who said that I'm Gordon Squash?

I'm a friend of Squash, not Squash himself. I want that distinction to be clear. See this post?
The Squash wrote:
2021-09-18, 20:25
Let the record show that I am slightly biased towards the latter, as it seems to be better written, more authentic, and written by a friend of mine.
Do you see that? That's the only place (I think) where I mentioned that I have any relations to Squash. Squash is not coming back; he just told me that he was leaving, introduced me to the community, and told me that I could join too, which I did. He cautioned me about his experiences with the community, but so far I haven't run into any major issues like he did. There's a big difference between that and me being Squash.

With all that said, I want the record straightened out and my handle changed back to what it was. Please.

P.S: I was away all weekend, sorry I didn't respond sooner.
HANG-INDUCING ORPHANED ZOMBIE GARBAGE
In theaters now -- Rated R

(Thanks @[PCMartin], great title for a movie!)

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2021-10-05, 01:38

All logs point to the fact that you are not, in fact, 2 different people as you want us to believe. Unless you are literally living in the same house with your "friend" in which case your relationship would be a lot closer than a casual introduction when the other would be leaving, after a year of using it as a main browser. Other factors also make it much less likely that what you claim here is true.

Occam's razor was applied here, and the one person - one account forum rule was put into effect. Feel free to send me a private message with objective proof to the contrary if you want to maintain this was indeed a matter of 2 separate persons having mistaken their identities. Note that usernames and future posting can be discussed if you're transparent in your PM.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"