About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

ggbce
Moongazer
Moongazer

Suggestion for Basilisk Download Page

Unread post by ggbce » 2021-09-02, 01:13

Hi,

I really appreciate Basilisk UXP Web Browser. To improve deployment and keep a high security level in a large enterprise, we need to always get updated our computers (and deployment sources)... Then I need to take time to browse each applications that we use and verify if we actually use the latest version, ensure that no security problem exist, etc.

Then, my suggestion is:

Please, in your download page (https://www.basilisk-browser.org/download.shtml), add the version number near of the download link, and add a fast link to a release history note like we can found from many other application. And, in this release history if we could see improvment, security (CVE) fix if exist, know problems, etc.

Regards !

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Suggestion for Basilisk Download Page

Unread post by Falna » 2021-09-02, 11:48

An alternative would be to monitor the release notes page using the Update Alert add-on.

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

ggbce
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by ggbce » 2021-09-02, 12:20

Add-on need to be a end-user of Basilisk Web Browser. In my case we have hundred users use it where IT staff need to monitor/update many computer with tools like PDQ Deploy, SCCM, BatchPatch. Their job is to retrieve updated versions of each application, not only Basilisk. Then, it's not a "good solution" in this case.

Regards

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-09-02, 13:03

Release notes are linked from the Basilisk home page. Just have your IT staff put a watch on that page and you will have the version update, and all release information that is relevant.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ggbce
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by ggbce » 2021-09-02, 13:33

Hi,

I juste give a suggestion because it's not optimized to search on every pages to find necessary information. Basically, just telling what we download (Version number on click to Download) could be be efficient.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-09-02, 14:07

But that isn't efficient for us because then we'll have to update multiple pages for each release -- the version is listed on the release notes page.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite