Using the gitea repository server

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Using the gitea repository server

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-10-30, 09:33

Since I've now set up our own Gitea server instance for self-hosted software development management, and it being configured for as smooth as possible operation as can be done on the server it's running on, I'd like to make a few points clear about this service:
  1. Everyone is welcome to create an account and create repositories on this server but I do ask that you keep any code posted on it related to UXP, UXP applications and Pale Moon add-ons. Some leniency is applied here but please use this as a strict guideline for now.
  2. If your repository is particularly large, please contact me first. The server has limited resources.
  3. The foundry is available as-is and without any guarantees. Apply common sense. Don't use it as your only stored copy of code and always keep a full local backup of your repositories if you use the server. While I keep my servers in good health and well-maintained and secured, shit can still happen.
  4. Please respect our robots.txt if you index the site.
  5. Please do not scrape the site in any way. Scraping a software foundry is abusive. Just don't do it. There's no point in wanting to keep an archive of all posted branch snapshots and diffs, and if you are causing disproportionate load we will block your IP.
Thanks for your attention and cooperation.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Using the gitea repository server

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2020-10-30, 15:22

Should I point code links from my MDN backup site to this repo or keep it pointed at GitHub for bandwidth sake?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Using the gitea repository server

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-10-30, 15:28

If it's on GitHub let Microsoft pay for the bandwidth.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite