How can I contact persons involved in this thread discussion?

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Post Reply
User avatar
jasonkhanlar
New to the forum
New to the forum
Posts: 1
Joined: 2020-03-18, 22:54

How can I contact persons involved in this thread discussion?

Post by jasonkhanlar » 2020-03-18, 23:05

https://www.ruqqus.com/post/35x/comment/84d

I am trying to figure out how to contact specific homosapiens that have previously communicated specific English language words in a post that seems is locked by one month after it was posted, and with a subject title for the post that is worded suggesting that nobody ever talks about something (with reference to something that is alleged that more than zero nobodies ever talk about that or other somethings)

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17442

I wanted to look at the profiles of relevant users to find more information, however, when I click to look at a profile, I see

"You are not authorized to view the member list or profiles."


memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
Thehandyman1957
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2631

But otherwise, there are very few homosapiens that contributed to the conversation, so I'm definitely interested in input from various other homosapiens too! But still, I'm definitely curious to discuss further from any of those previously communicably communicated humans too! Since it seems the discussion regarding the topic was ceased and desisted/locked since almost 2.5 years ago, and lots of advances have been made since then.

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 26667
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: 58°2'16"N 14°58'31"E
Contact:

Re: How can I contact persons involved in this thread discussion?

Post by Moonchild » 2020-03-19, 04:49

You can contact the users involved in a thread discussion by using the icons for private messages, etc. in their user information block (that is, if the user is still registered on the board).
For reasons of preventing scraping of contact data, newly-registered users can't get access to user info pages. To become a full normal user, all you have to do is make a few normal, acceptable posts approved by staff, the rest is automatic. This is unfortunately necessary because of spammers and their scraper bots.

User ID #2 is me, by the way ;)
Thehandyman1957 is no longer registered on the forum and we do not retain any user information from removed user accounts, so contacting them will be difficult.

If you want to discuss that topic, you can also ask for the thread to be unlocked and you can continue in the original thread. I just hope you'll be less vague and generic in your wording than you are here because it's harder to read. 8-)
Also, threads with no activity for a long period of time get automatically locked by the forum software here, to prevent necro-posting. It doesn't mean it was locked as "undesirable" or what not.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose
Image

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff
Posts: 7198
Joined: 2012-10-09, 19:37
Location: Insulting you on the internet.

Re: How can I contact persons involved in this thread discussion?

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-03-19, 10:46

One, what in the actual hell. Two, what is there left to discuss on the matter of e10s? Three, be careful to whom you refer to as merely human.
Image
- thEre iS No wAY oUt of HErE.. iT'll bE DArK sOON.. -
https://binaryoutcast.com/ | Freenode #binaryoutcast | http://thereisonlyxul.org/

User avatar
Al6bus
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 257
Joined: 2015-08-24, 14:55
Location: Lemberg

Re: How can I contact persons involved in this thread discussion?

Post by Al6bus » 2020-03-19, 11:02

Off-topic:
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-03-19, 10:46
to discuss on the matter of e10s?
You say that like it's something bad.
Windows 7 Pro x64 - Pale Moon x64
We hope for e10s(multiprocessing) or another alternative implementation :)

User avatar
Andrew Herbert
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 102
Joined: 2019-11-25, 21:46

Re: How can I contact persons involved in this thread discussion?

Post by Andrew Herbert » 2020-03-20, 01:00

Off-topic:
Al6bus wrote:
2020-03-19, 11:02
You say that like it's something bad.
Is "Don't load tabs until selected" enabled in Settings?

User avatar
Al6bus
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 257
Joined: 2015-08-24, 14:55
Location: Lemberg

Re: How can I contact persons involved in this thread discussion?

Post by Al6bus » 2020-03-20, 16:13

Off-topic:
Andrew Herbert wrote:
2020-03-20, 01:00
Is "Don't load tabs until selected" enabled in Settings?
Yes. I have never change it before.
Windows 7 Pro x64 - Pale Moon x64
We hope for e10s(multiprocessing) or another alternative implementation :)

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 26667
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: 58°2'16"N 14°58'31"E
Contact:

Re: How can I contact persons involved in this thread discussion?

Post by Moonchild » 2020-03-20, 17:07

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-03-19, 10:46
what is there left to discuss on the matter of e10s?
I don't know, but if there is something of note then I'll be happy to discuss it.
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-03-19, 10:46
be careful to whom you refer to as merely human.
You'll have to excuse the humans for thinking they are the only kind in existence. Raised on misinformation and all that.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose
Image

Post Reply