Linking to My Youtube Channel

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

mpskinner

Linking to My Youtube Channel

Unread post by mpskinner » 2019-01-26, 03:06

Hi

I'm trying to get a Computer Tutorial Youtube channel up and running. Mostly its just a fun challenge. When I ask a question, here for instance.

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21302

I will make a short tutorial about it on Youtube..

I would like to post a link to that tutorial.

For instance https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21302
post would have the link
{{link removed}}

I'm new here and just want to fit in. Is posting a link to a legitimate tutorial OK. Especially as I would like some feedback as well..

Thank You.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Linking to My Youtube Channel

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-28, 17:43

Please do not try to use a support forum as indirect advertising. We don't allow it.
You'll have to find other ways to grow your audience.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-07-29, 07:33

Didn't know downloading and installing a browser from a website was so rocket science-y as to deserve a 'tutorial', unless you mean you're going to demonstrate how to compile PM from source (and even that boils down to a list of instructions) :roll:
Off-topic:
Also I loathe the way videos have replaced text for everything on the net these days. Even for technical topics, search for information on rooting an Android device for example, and there's a $#$# youtube video at the top of the results. Reading is any day a million times faster than watching someone fumble through the process for 10 minutes, moreover videos are useless when you need to type in commands or have to quickly refer to or quote something from it. /rant
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Stargate38
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Stargate38 » 2019-08-06, 16:58

Maybe you should let him post it in his signature. I've seen other users do that with their sites before.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-08-06, 21:05

Stargate38 wrote:
2019-08-06, 16:58
Maybe you should let him post it in his signature. I've seen other users do that with their sites before.
That's not what they want to do. they want to make videos of basic things and post a link to it in every relevant post.

Linking to your channel in your sig is of course fine; but posting just to promote it is not.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite