diNovoM

Forum feature request

Unread post by diNovoM » 2011-09-01, 13:31

I would like to have 4 features, all low priority:

- DONE: Add center BBCode tag
- DONE: Add a link to pale moon homepage somewhere at top and backwards
- WONT BE DONE: Add table BBCode tag
- Viewing forums it would be nice to see the according thread at "last post"

EDIT: - An option to cancle/strike something (just a visible option, lowest priority possible :P)
- Mediium priority: Add more/better smileys. I once recommended smilies from http://www.smileydesign.net/ - he can provide you really nice smilies in a color pack of your choice. Contact: Enrico Gollnow <erni@smileydesign.net>

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Forum feature request

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-03, 00:06

table: I'm not going to implement this. it's much too easy to mess up a page with straight translation of bbcode into table elements, unless you create some elaborate code validator before accepting the table entry. corrupt tables are a nightmare.
strikethrough: should be easy enough --> to-do
smileys: priority for this is not medium. it's low. very low. :P
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

diNovoM

Unread post by diNovoM » 2011-09-03, 10:22

Ok, then do you have any other idea how to order the add-on lists? Just wondering, cause it should be default code.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-03, 11:40

So, what's your point if it's already implemented? use it! :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

diNovoM

Unread post by diNovoM » 2011-09-03, 11:45

Well, i tried it (have been that smart) but 2 days ago it didn't work (what's still valid, see below). ;)

[table]
[tr]
[th]Name/Link[/th]
[th]Category[/th]
[th]Added[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Adblock Plus (1.3.9)[/td]
[td]Add-On\Privacy & Security[/td]
[td]2011.09.01[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-03, 11:48

I don't know what to say then. If it's supposed to be standard code and it doesn't work... *shrug*
Maybe it's been disabled for the very reason I didn't want to implement it.

diNovoM

Unread post by diNovoM » 2011-09-03, 12:06

Well, i've googled a bit, it seems it's not really BB-default-code - at least for phpBB3, but you might want to add (also other nice features if you want them - u know would be really woot :o :D ): https://www.phpbb.de/community/viewtopi ... 8&t=182351 (or https://www.phpbb.de/community/viewtopi ... 0&start=30, http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... f=12&t=309 - btw. nice link: http://startrekguide.com/community/mods ... f=82&t=309)

And regarding smilies - i can contact him too if you want.

EDIT: OK, got it (by PM). No tables and such worm-opening options. I'll contact him about smilies. There is much you can do with add. ones like :thumbsup: and mutch more, browse his website - there are really nice ones! Also you wrote s.t. i just noticed yet:
You can do a lot by maintaining a certain order in the list, already, as well as proper use of text layout (font weight, font color, font size, paragraph spacing, etc.). It is supposed to be a list of suggestions, not a fully-categorized and tallied catalog of add-ons (people can go to AMO if they want that!).
How can i do paragraph spacing? Without .. -- and so on, you know space bar is just accepted once? Example: 10x space " "

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-04, 12:18

I've written a SPACING= tag, you can use that to force spacing:

Code: Select all

Some text here[spacing=10][/spacing]spaced text with 10 spaces
Some text herespaced text with 10 spaces.

Not pixel-perfect alignment probably, since the font is variable-width, but close enough.
Max value for spacing is 25! (to prevent people from abusing this, since it's client-side javascript, can hang a browser if you tell it to render 100,000 spaces ;) )

diNovoM

Unread post by diNovoM » 2011-09-09, 18:53

Hehe, okay, thx. Yet i am not sure if i even need this for add-on thread, but sure it will be useable. Or do you think i should set links and description in one "row"?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-09, 19:13

No, on multiple lines should be fine, actually -- but you asked about spacing, so... ;)

Any other forum coding developments will have to wait, I'm going to be busy with the release this weekend.

diNovoM

Unread post by diNovoM » 2011-09-09, 19:31

Yeah, that was before the new design of the topic with dates first and so on. Anyhow, sure some people will be able to use it. So thanks anyway.