Registration problem Topic is solved

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Ken10

Registration problem

Unread post by Ken10 » 2013-02-21, 16:46

Hi. I think you might like to know about the fairly serious problem.
I kept getting on and on the same error message, trying different things, browsers etc:
"One or more of the fields entered was marked as spam."
I must’ve spent 30min or more fiddling around.
This isn’t helpful either, is it, as you can’t contact anyone:
“Why can’t I register?
It is possible the website owner has banned your IP address or disallowed the username you are attempting to register. The website owner could have also disabled registration to prevent new visitors from signing up. Contact a board administrator for assistance.”

Eventually I googled the error message, and solved it by adding numbers to my name.
But the field doesn’t ask for numbers!
“Username:
Username must be between 5 and 20 chars long and use letter, number, space or -+_[] characters.”
Please have mercy on other people trying to get in, and those who gave up!
Many thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Registration problem

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-02-21, 20:28

Username must be between 5 and 20 chars long
Your attempted username, without "added numbers" would have been "Ken", which is too short.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Ken10

Unread post by Ken10 » 2013-02-21, 20:50

Kenneth did not work

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-02-21, 21:18

I had a look, and it seems "Kenneth" is a flagged username in the antispam system this forum is a part of (an on-line check is made upon registration) meaning it's been used (multiple times!) on other fora by spammers and as such is blocked. Just an unfortunate coincidence.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite