Last Pass Add On Problem

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

MargaretM

Last Pass Add On Problem

Unread post by MargaretM » 2018-08-27, 13:06

Hello

I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum but as it is not one of your add ons I was unsure where to put it.
Since the latest Pale Moon versions starting with 27 our Last Pass sites no longer sort in alphabetic order within the folders. It is not a big problem but is irritating, especially for folders with quite a lot of sites in them like my shopping folder. :D

Version 28 changed the display again by showing the name of the site before and after the icon alas it retained the random order.

I have asked Last Pass but they said update the add on, my husband tried but the new version does not work with Pale Moon.

Is there a way to make it sort sensibly?

Cheers Margaret
Attachments
Last Pass Order.pdf
The shopping folder with random order.
(206.62 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Last Pass Add On Problem

Unread post by therube » 2018-08-27, 15:52

(I know nothing of LP.)

What version on LP?

Seems to me, not that I particularly follow it, but on the FF end, most every FF update ends up breaking LP, & LP has to update to accommodate FF.
(FF users always complaining... "LP stopped working"...)

So maybe a LP version that supported FF 52 might work better (?) if you happen to be using an older version?
https://lastpass.com/upgrade.php?fromwe ... asenotes=1

Likewise, maybe some setting (?) to control sort order?
https://www.google.com/search?q=lastpas ... unofficial
Last edited by therube on 2018-08-27, 15:58, edited 2 times in total.

MargaretM

Unread post by MargaretM » 2018-08-28, 11:58

Hello Rube

I asked the Last Pass folks as there is no way to sort stuff in Last Pass that I can find.(I realise it does not mean there isn't not one just I can't find it.) They said update to the latest version. We can't as that won't work in Pale moon. They eventually said they do not support Pale Moon use another browser. Why they could not admit that from the start drives me up the wall. We are on Last Pass version 3.3.4. from March 2017. That is presumably the last one that supported Pale Moon. As that has not changed I assume it was something in the 27 Pale Moon update that changed the order.

Cassette
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Cassette » 2018-08-28, 12:36

Version 4.1.67 works. I use it with Pale Moon 28. You can get it here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

MargaretM

Unread post by MargaretM » 2018-08-28, 15:33

Hello Cassette

Thank you for that. My husband had deleted his version as instructed by Last Pass and tried to install the new one which would not work with Pale Moon. Result no Last Pass at all, marvellous. I have complained to their "help" site and the only solution offered was "use another browser". He now has your suggested version of it working.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers Margaret & Pete

Cassette
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Cassette » 2018-08-29, 13:29

You're very welcome. I only recently learned that a newer version was compatible myself. I had issues with the older version on Pale Moon 28 as well.