Facebook page removed

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Facebook page removed

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-11, 07:32

After some debate about Facebook's general lack of (refusal to) support us, the vastly diminished value it has for Pale Moon these days, the general time-sink it tends to be for people trying to use it as a support channel, and the dislike of having to maintain a personal account on Facebook to publish a page, I've decided to remove Pale Moon's Facebook page as a news/notification channel and deactivate my personal account.

People previously using the Facebook page to stay updated with announcements can use the forum's RSS feed or Twitter, instead.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lew Rockwell Fan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Facebook page removed

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-08-25, 10:43

I applaud. It's a horribly awkward interface for any serious business. And they ARE evil.
"To attempt to silence a man is to pay him homage, for it is an acknowledgement that his arguments are both impossible to answer and impossible to ignore." - John Bryant