palemoon forum with stackoverflow features

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

staff089

palemoon forum with stackoverflow features

Unread post by staff089 » 2018-07-12, 09:13

Hi all,

I just had an issue with yahoo mail and found different threads about yahoo problems in the palemoon forum.
One solution worked for me (general.useragent.override; https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=19478&p=144361&hilit=yahoo#p144014), but it was somehow "hidden" in the thread and the initial problem was different from mine.
So I thought wouldn 't it be easier for users if the palemoon forum would use the features from stackoverflow?
Like:
- comments to answers
- upvoting for answers or questions
etc.

Then I could reply to this answer and tell this worked for me. But answering to the thread now that went in another direction does not make sense.

A thread in a forum is flat and I think a structured q/a like stackoverflow did it would help alot - for users and probably also for admins.
Just an idea and I am probably not the first one.

Greetings
Stefan

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: palemoon forum with stackoverflow features

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-07-12, 09:16

Sorry, but you're asking something our forum cannot provide. It's a forum, not a social media platform.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite