Problem with a Charles Schwab webpage Topic is solved

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

1210_bex
Lunatic
Lunatic

Problem with a Charles Schwab webpage

Unread post by 1210_bex » 2018-06-13, 04:01

I am running Pale Moon 27.9.2 (32 bit) on Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) SP1. I am having a problem with a Charles Schwab webpage displaying correctly in Pale Moon. The webpage: https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/investing/accounts_products/investment/cash_solutions is accessible to the public. No login is required.

The top screen on the attached is what Pale Moon opens. I have noted in red problems with the page. The bottom screen is what Google Chrome 66 displays. It is correct.

I have uBlock Origin, but it is disabled when I open the problem webpage. The problem still exists when I open Pale Moon in safe mode.

I also have an account at Schwab, which requires a login. Interestingly, ALL of the webpages that are available after login appear to be correct, with no display problems.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, is there a workaround?

Thanks

Harry
Attachments
PaleMoon_SchwabProblemE.png
Last edited by 1210_bex on 2018-06-13, 04:07, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Problem with a Charles Schwab webpage

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-13, 10:08

Unfortunately part of the problem here is that their page tries to use specifics in layout and scripting not supported by Pale Moon 27.* -- debugging this is not possible because everything is minified.

The next milestone should fix this. In the interim you can continue using Chrome for this website as a workaround.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

1210_bex
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by 1210_bex » 2018-06-13, 19:37

Moonchild wrote:Unfortunately part of the problem here is that their page tries to use specifics in layout and scripting not supported by Pale Moon 27.* -- debugging this is not possible because everything is minified.

The next milestone should fix this. In the interim you can continue using Chrome for this website as a workaround.
Thanks for your prompt and thorough feedback. I'll consider this closed, and wait for the future fix.

Harry

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-13, 20:00

Line Level & Text Hiding both look like you're blocking something; css or JavaScript.
Safe Mode should help, if it were extension related, but did not - for you.

As a test, create a new, clean Profile & load the Schwab website.
Does it then display properly?

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-13, 23:50

Hadn't had a chance to test on my end till now, & that page simply does not render as wanted in 27.9.3.
And testing in FF 38.8.0esr, it too does not render properly, looking like PM as expected.
Last edited by therube on 2018-06-13, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

1210_bex
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by 1210_bex » 2018-06-14, 00:12

therube wrote:Line Level & Text Hiding both look like you're blocking something; css or JavaScript.
Safe Mode should help, if it were extension related, but did not - for you.

I tried this with the latest Portable version of Pale Moon, with the 'basic' profile that comes with it. All the problems I noted still exist.

Harry
Last edited by 1210_bex on 2018-06-14, 00:15, edited 2 times in total.