GDPR & this site

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Phantom

GDPR & this site

Unread post by Phantom » 2018-05-18, 07:14

Do you have any plans to be GDPR compliant? Was just wondering. I can care less really. I have my own site, but it's based in the U.S. and I don't think it really matters. Europe has no bearing on me.

davews
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: GDPR & this site

Unread post by davews » 2018-05-18, 07:36

Since the only information this forum knows about me is my username (not my real name) and email address I am not sure there is any information that comes under the GDPR regulations.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-18, 08:14

Our practices should already be GDPR compliant. See our privacy policy http://www.palemoon.org/privacy.shtml
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-05-18, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2018-05-18, 08:14

Moonchild's privacy policy is pretty solid already. If at all, any change would be a formality.
Off-topic:
EDIT: oh, timing!
Last edited by adesh on 2018-05-18, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

Phantom

Unread post by Phantom » 2018-05-21, 17:49

May want to look at this ongoing discussion. https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &start=360

There is an extension called Delete my account that may have to be used, though I'm not sure.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-21, 18:59

Anyone who wants to have their account deleted can simply request it, as stated in the privacy policy.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Phantom

Unread post by Phantom » 2018-05-22, 07:17

Ah, then you have a pretty tight policy. I never did read it. :lol:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-22, 15:07

I looked at the extension and it won't do, anyway, since it would give the user the option to also remove their posts which is not desirable.
And before you argue that posts may contain personal information: that is user-published public content that does not fall under the GDPR. We do not collect that information, it is consciously volunteered and published by the user so should not be removed since it is absolutely relevant to ongoing discussions and the resulting content of the site. Users may still request a certain post or posts to be anonymized before having their account removed (so we can verify it is an authorized request) but those decisions will be made by staff and fall outside of the GDPR.