Why (OH WHY!) was the thread about NoScript locked???

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

tlaloc77
Moon lover
Moon lover

Why (OH WHY!) was the thread about NoScript locked???

Unread post by tlaloc77 » 2018-05-15, 13:42

Now that useful information about the alternatives got collected! And no explanation (so one could avoid this in the future)!

@Admin: That was a mean move, especially without giving an explanation. I have to express my disapproval! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Why (OH WHY!) was the thread about NoScript locked???

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-05-15, 13:47

tlaloc77 wrote:Now that useful information about the alternatives got collected! And no explanation (so one could avoid this in the future)!

@Admin: That was a mean move, especially without giving an explanation. I have to express my disapproval! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
It was pretty much clear why the thread was locked and it was explained in one of the multitude of threads about this.It was locked so multiple threads about the same issue do not keep appearing on the forum and you yourself have inadvertently created another one and it just floods the forum with unneeded threads.
I think the status about noscript has been clarified and further discussion is futile.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

tlaloc77
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tlaloc77 » 2018-05-15, 14:16

Moonraker wrote:It was pretty much clear why the thread was locked and it was explained in one of the multitude of threads about this. It was locked so multiple threads about the same issue do not keep appearing on the forum
Wasn't that one meant to be the collection of all threads about NoScript? If you lock that one, anyone who wants to post something about it has no other choice than to create a new thread - so you achieve the opposite of what you (claim to) want. Congrats. :thumbdown:
And since all other threads were locked in favor of the collection thread, the reason to lock it was not clear at all. :thumbdown:
Moonraker wrote:and you yourself have inadvertently created another one and it just floods the forum with unneeded threads.
How did I do that and where is it? I just searched for "NoScript" suspecting that I inadvertently created a new thread by changing the title of one post within the collection, but AFAICT that didn't create a new thread. If I made mistake, I'd like to get it pointed out so I can avoid doing it again.
Moonraker wrote:I think the status about noscript has been clarified and further discussion is futile.
The "status about noscript", yes.
What about the alternatives?
Would you rather like a new thread for each of the alternatives, to discuss how to configure them so they will do what NoScript did?
Because that's what's going to happen now, since the other option (keeping it all together) is now locked.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-15, 17:57

Might have been because it was marked solved by several people and unmarked again because people just couldn't leave it open and used it to draw attention to THEIR post. So it was manually marked solved by me on one of the staff posts.
Maybe that had the side effect of locking it unintentionally.

phpbb extensions aren't bug-free either.

It's been unlocked again. carry on.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite