[solved] Now getting forum posts in rss feed Topic is solved

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Skaendo
Moonbather
Moonbather

[solved] Now getting forum posts in rss feed

Unread post by Skaendo » 2018-03-20, 18:15

Did something change with the forum rss feed?

I have been using "feed.php" in my feed reader for probably over a year now and I was only getting announcements for updates and such, which is what I wanted. Now all of a sudden I am now getting new posts from the entire Pale Moon forum in my feed reader.

Did the feed address change?

Here is a screenshot of what I mean: https://imgur.com/a/0um9Y

You can see that there are a bunch of announcements near the bottom of the list, then all of a sudden forum posts including my own.
Last edited by Skaendo on 2018-03-21, 00:47, edited 2 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Now getting forum posts in rss feed

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-20, 22:34

Nothing was changed in that respect; but you should not just use the feed.php as-is if you don't want a board-wide feed.

You should indicate with parameters what you want (see e.g. the tooltips on the RSS feed icon in Pale Moon for specific feed URLS of boards)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Skaendo
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Now getting forum posts in rss feed

Unread post by Skaendo » 2018-03-21, 00:45

Ah, thanks for the tip.

I normally set browser.urlbar.rss -> false, but a quick change and back got me on the right track.

I just thought that it was weird that all of a sudden I was getting forum wide posts after using it like that for so long and only getting the announcements.

Thanks again.