so we can delete posts here? Topic is solved

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

lonesomepoint

so we can delete posts here?

Unread post by lonesomepoint » 2018-01-01, 17:51

This is only the second time or so that I've visited the Pale Moon forum, and I just noticed there is a "delete post" button. That was unexpected: I'm used to forum moderators not believing in the deletion of posts, and getting extremely annoyed at any behavior intended to remove one's content (for instance, if you post then decide the post was stupid and you regret it). Any comment?
Last edited by lonesomepoint on 2018-01-01, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: so we can delete posts here?

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-01-01, 18:33

If my memory serves me correctly, you can delete a post only if someone does not make a post after you have. Once a person makes a post after your post, then you cannot delete your post.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: so we can delete posts here?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-01, 20:05

Deleting your own posts is possible but only for a limited amount of time -- exactly for when you regret making the post. Even so, moderators can see what you initially posted before deleting it (to be able to catch unsavory/unruly content that was then swiftly deleted but may still have been seen).
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-01-01, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite